Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sushi anyone?

I will have to say that my first experience eating Sushi was an interesting one to say the least. Lorin, the other American guy that I'm here with took me to this Sushi Bar down the street. Basically you sit down at a bar and a conveyer belt moves in front of you with plates of all different kinds of sushi and you just grab whatever you want. The first plate I tried was some raw tuna. Very interesting texture and taste. I like tuna cooked much better than raw. I did try some cooked eel and shrimp, but the most interesting plate of all was the last one. The picture says it all. These squid were very chewy at first and then they just started to get slimy in my mouth. The only option was to just swallow them whole, which, given the slipery texture they slid down very nicely. I even got one of the legs stuck in my tooth. Luckily there was a Wendy's just two shops down. Nothing like a nice Frosty to take away the after taste of raw squid!

No comments: