Tami saw one of these at a craft fair and it was selling for around $80. I thought I could build it cheaper. So thanks to some Internet searching (
http://www.greatplans.com/c176874p16336459.2.html), I was able to purchase some plans that looked relatively simple for about $20. I decided to surprise her with the plans for her birthday, contingent of course on me actually building it for her. Well, amidst all of the other projects going on, I finally finished it this weekend (almost 5 months later). it turned out very nicely. Granted if I ever build another one, I'm going to improvise and make it bigger. If I just had about 2 inches more in each direction, I could have gotten a lot larger trashcan to fit inside. By the way, it is made of oak as well. The drawer at the bottom is great for storing extra trashbags. The only problem is that Isaac has found that it is fun to open and close it. We're just waiting for the moment when he opens it and gets a lap full of trash spilled all over him.

No comments:
Post a Comment