Sunday, August 21, 2005

Safely in Japan

Well, It's 4 am in the morning Japan time and of course I'm wide awake. Hopefully I'll adjust to this timezone quickly enough. The plane ride over was actually not as bad as I had imagined. The strangest part was the sunlight. The scripture in 3rd Nephi about a day and a night and a day that all seemed like one day best describes it. I never saw the sun go down for Friday night. I had almost 21 hours of straight sunlight. I sat next to a guy from China studying Biology at UC Santa Cruz. Movies on demand in the plane were also a plus to pass the time.

After landing in Tokyo, I took about a hour and a half bus ride to the hotel. The hotel is not too bad: (HOTEL). I get CNN in English but that's about it. High speed Internet in the hotel might even be faster than at home, which is nice. I haven't really been outside much yet, but I can tell you that it is hot. High in Tokyo is supposed to be 90 today, but add the humidity and it makes for a sticky day. I have a great view from my hotel balcony. (Click HERE to see or download the original)



Going to try to catch church hopefully today. There are several English wards in the area. Also will be setting up my training. Hopefully I'll have more interesting things to talk about next time. Crazy to think I'm on the other side of the world. Gotta love modern transporation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, glad you made it safely. We had a long day today, but enjoyable trip up to redlands for Amanda's wedding and then to the funeral to see everyone. Enjoy the Orient. Dad