At the end of this corridor was a huge shrine. Definitely the largest shrine I've seen so far.
Right on the other side of this shrine a mother and her young son stopped me and asked where I was from. I told them I was from the United States. The boy asked if I he could take a picture with me. His mother took the picture and as a thankyou he gave me a folded origami bird. It was kind of neat. If I was thinking, I would have asked his mom to take a picture with my camera too. This is another shrine next to the one above which is a famous one. I've seen this in pictures in books before.
The icing on the cake was a huge festival that was going on at the same time I was there. The parade reminded me of the dancers I saw at Carnival in Sao Paulo. Not as many scantily clad women, but there were some. The band seen in the picture marched right by me. They were "shaking" and grooving to the drum rhythm.


I also happened to see these two little boys playing with pidgeons and snapped a quick picture. It made me miss Brooklyn and Isaac. They would have loved playing with the pidgeons.
No comments:
Post a Comment