
It was then off to TGI Fridays (appropriate enough) for dinner where I sat close enough to the bar to watch this Japanese bartender put on an incredible show of making drinks. With bottles flying through the air and cups and glasses spinning in his hands, it was enought to keep me entranced. I then ventured out on a quest to find some more intersting English'isms and found a few funny ones:
This first one caught my eye. I think that this phrase sounds much better than "psychiatrist." This was a walk up little store with booths that reminded me of those you see in nail salons.

While walking through a bowling alley I came across a very interesting video game in the arcade that intrigued me. I had seen this series of game in the States but never with this twist.

I had to try it. The only problem was that all of the words were in Japanese. Granted they were not the Japanese characters. They were normal letters, but it sure was hard. I did fairly well though, furiously typing, trying to keep the evil zombies from getting me. Every correct letter would shoot off a hand or an arm or something.
The last thing that caught my eye was a sign at one of the local movie theaters. I couldn't help but laugh. All other movie titles in English were correct except for this one:
Movie tickets are pretty pricy here. To see a standard movie, the pricetag is about $25. Needless to say I'll wait until I get back to the states to go to the movies.
And now I'm sitting back in my hotel room getting ready for bed while everyone back home is just getting up for the day. CNN is getting old really fast. I did get a load of laundry done though. Too bad that washing 5 pairs of garments and 5 pairs of socks came to about $40. Oh well. Not my bill fortunately.
1 comment:
Now maybe I missed it, but the only food I've heard about is McDonalds, Outback, TGIFRiday's, 7-11, all American things. Are you eating any Japanese food? Any Sushi? Anything really good or disgusting?
Post a Comment