Wednesday, November 01, 2006
One Mile!
So, about 2 months ago a friend of mine at work talked me into swimming with him to try to get into some sort of shape. I've been feeling extremely un-athletic lately and Tami laughed when I told her I was going to start swimming 3 days a week. She didn't think I'd last 2 weeks, but it's been easier than I thought. The first day I could hardly swim 4 lengths of the pool without feeling like I was drowning with every stroke, but it's gotten easier and my breathing rhythm and technique has improved quite a bit. I usually try to swim at least 800 meters each time, but today I decided to just keep going and surprisingly, the second half mile wasn't nearly as bad. I finished a half mile in 18:30 and a mile in 42:30. We go to the Provo Rec Center which is actually part of Provo High School. For those wondering how long a mile is, it is 64 lengths of a pool (the Provo pool is only 25 m long). We go during lunch and can get there, swim and be back at work in about an hour and 15 minutes. My buddy swims a mile in about 30 minutes, so I have work to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm proud of you Kevin. Swimming is great exercise and I'm glad you have the facility close by to do it regularly. The last time I did any regular swimming was in the 9th grade when I played water polo. Dad
Post a Comment