Friday, November 03, 2006

It's all in the suit!


So I've wondered why my colleague always swims so much faster than I do. The suit I was wearing before was the standard baggy swim trunks that went down to my knees. With every stroke, I could feel the suit flapping freely underwater. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. However, I finally decided to buy one of these "Lycra" swimsuits. Just as good as a Speedo, but quite a bit more modest. Here's a picture of the one I bought. I like the red accents on the sides. They even match my red tinted goggles. These are pretty much like Spandex, but with a swimsuit lining for support. As soon as I got in the water and pushed off, the difference was immediate. Like a hot knife slicing through butter. I swam a half mile in 16:45 (previous best was 18:40) and I swam a mile in 33:40 (previous and only other time was 42:30). Don't worry though . . . I'm not about to shave my body. I'm not that serious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you put up a picture of you in the swim suit???

-mdw

Brett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brett said...

As the "colleague" that goes swimming with him, please don't ask him to model it for us!