I have a collection of pictures that really don't fit into a specific story, but are nonetheless interesting. Some of the pictures speak for themselves. I know that you're supposed to experience the food of the country you're visiting, but I think India can be added to that exception list. This Pizza Hut actually served Mountain Dew! Best glass of Mountain Dew I've every drunk.

I drove around the city yesterday doing some souvenier shopping and saw some of the slums of the city that really shocked me. As you can see, these shacks are all that many families have. As I drove down this corridor, it was about noon and I saw many a naked little child getting bathed in buckets just feet from rushing traffic. It's hard to see, but these people have no electricity and no running water. Many of them had 50 gallon water drums that they used.




Some classic outfits worn by women all over the place. Very colorful outfits and always with a scarf of some sort. Ocassionally you'll see the women that wear all black and cover their faces, but it's not that common.

Driving still just blows me away. There are lanes on some of the highways, but why use them. Why restrict one car per lane when you can easily put two in the same lane. Fortunately all drivers wear seatbelts, but most of the cars I ride in do not have seatbelts in the back seat. Asking the Lord to help me "travel to work in safety" has taken on a whole new meaning.
No comments:
Post a Comment