Monday, June 12, 2006
Greetings from India
So, sorry about no pictures this time but I haven't had a chance to take many yet. I'm here in Mumbai, India and it couldn't be more muggy. I thought Tokyo was bad. It's the monsoon season here and temps are in the upper 80s and close to 100% humidity. The 20 hours in a plane were pretty long and it's 11:50 pm and I'm not a bit tired. There is a very stark difference between the hotel grounds and what is on the opposite side of the wall. I thought I experienced "poor" in Venezuela, but I've never seen anything like this before. But the people look happy even if they are sleeping in a 3-sided shack on dirt floors. The hotel I'm staying at is 5-star and it lives up to it's rating. It's very nice. Driving down the streets is something else. Luckily I have a designated driver that drives me to and from Novell. I swear that there are sometimes only inches between the car and those on the street. I saw a motorcycle with what looked like a whole family on it. Mom, Dad, about a 4 yr old and then probably a 1 yr old sitting way up front. Pretty crazy. I'll see if I can take pictures and post them. But I am safe and sound and hope to have an enjoyable time. By the way, the house is done and we moved in about a week ago. There are a few items that need to be finished on the exterior, but other than that we love it and so do the kids. We had lots of help from the ward and from home teachers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment