Sunday, April 06, 2008
Provo City Half Marathon
Well, I decided at the last minute this week to run the Provo City 1/2 marathon more as an excuse to do a long run. The race started at 8:00 am Saturday morning. It was actually a very nice morning despite some breezy conditions. Brian, my brother-in-law also ran it with me. Tami was going to run it as well, but decided to just run her own 1/2 marathon on her new treadmill that she got for her birthday this year, which she absolutely loves. She actually ran it in 1 hour 53 minutes, which is pretty good. I ended up finishing in 1 hour 52 minutes. It's crazy how easy it is to just go out and run 13.1 miles. Don't get me wrong . . . I'm pretty sore today, but the actual run itself isn't too bad at all. My knees have been bothering me lately though. The full marathon is less than 2 months away. We'll see if I'm up to it. Worse comes to worse, I'll just run the 1/2 marathon instead of the full. After the 1/2 marathon I came home in just enough time to enjoy the last half of the Saturday morning conference session.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment