Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

We hope you all had a wonderful New Year. We decided to celebrate the new year at the cabin even though we had just been up there the week before for Christmas. Tami and I and the kids went along with Brian and Stephanie. For about a year now, I have been bringing up a laptop projector from work and we have been watching movies "big screen" style. However, Brooklyn has now coined the term "Big Sheet". She loves watching movies on the "big sheet".

But we needed something for the kids to watch so that we could watch our movies as well, so we created their own little theater just behind the big sheet. They were so excited about their "theater" and the fact that they were able to sit on the trampoline made it all the better. Over the course of the weekend I believe they watched Tarzan II about 10 times and Pooh's Heffalump Movie roughly the same.

I made the mistake of bringing up my Lost Season 1 DVDs. I believe over the course of the weekend we made it to episode 16. Brian and Steph are hooked now. As for those who have not seen Lost . . . RENT IT!!! All it takes is the first few episodes and I guarantee you will not be able to put it down.

About a foot of snow fell New Year's Eve making it pretty much impossible to drive to Church that morning. So we just snowmobiled in. The church is about 3 miles from the cabin. The kids enjoyed the ride in. The next morning a few more inches of snow fell and it was time to play. The snow was just the right consistency for snowman building. Brooklyn and Isaac really got into it.


They loved seeing our little snowman come to life. Brooklyn named him "Frosty" of course.

On the other hand, Brian had much bigger plans for his snowman. At first it looked like a single pilar of snow, but with a little help from me, we were able to sculpt it into something a little more interesting. Remember that I'm 6' 4" tall. Let's just say it was a challenge getting the head all the way up top. I'd be lying if I said that we planned the upper snowman to be leaning to the side. It was simply a stroke of luck that added nicely to the overall effect. Too bad the top snowman fell a few hours later. It looked good while it lasted though.

And now we come back to reality and life after the holidays. However, just a few more weeks until we leave on our Disney Cruise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw the pictures of golfing and New Years activities. Looks like a lot of fun. Hard to relate to the conditions when it was in the high 70's today and we had swiss chard for dinner from my garden. We're picking beets and lettuce and soon to harvest cabbage and brussel sprout. Also have a bunch of sugar snap peas! Dad