Monday, September 26, 2005

The "Dirty Room" finally clean


Ever since we refinished the basement, but left the one bedroom unfinished, Brooklyn has nicknamed that room the "dirty" room. The picture above is what the room looked like shortly after the demolishion crew came through. Both Brooklyn and Isaac know that room is off limits. Well, we have finally finished the "dirty" room. It's been a long project with laying the tile and putting up the beadboard, repainting the room and of course all of the little touch-ups. I've had to repair huge cracks around the window frames where the corner bead was pretty damaged when the demolishion crew tore out the old drywall. I've had to re-texture several areas as well, but you would never know now. If I could count all of the cool new skills I've learned working on that room and this house in general, I'd practically need a book. We cut the red ribbon on the room last night and the kids were finally allowed to play in their new room. Of course the floor is a little cold with it being tile, but it finally looks complete again. Brooklyn will still sleep upstairs in her bed, but this room is now the play room. Let's just hope that covering up the hole in the corner where the sump pump was doesn't come back to haunt us. Actually it won't haunt us. It will haunt those who move into the house, so why do we care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Kevin. Now I know who to have visit us when big projects are planned. Dad