Thursday, July 24, 2008
More good gas news
So, the slow driving theory doesn't just apply to economy cars. We drove our Trailblazer to Lagoon yesterday (an amusement park north of Salt Lake City) and kept the speed at a constant 65 mph on the freeway. Granted cruise control helps, but normal mpg on our Trailblazer SUV is around 16-18 on the highway. We tested it after just the trip to Lagoon and back (around 155 miles) and got an incredible 25 mpg! That's over a 50% improvement! We were very surprised. Not bad for a 7-passenger SUV, especially when EPA estimates 15 city and 20 highway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You've inspired me and for the last few days I have been using cruise control on the way home setting it at 65. I did the math and I think it only slows my commute down 1-2 minutes, but I'm thinking it will save $1.80 per day - if I fill up roughly every 8 days almost $15 in gas savings, and almost $60 per month. That is good savings at the sacrifice of an additional 1-2 minutes onto my commute each day.
Whoa, that's pretty dang good! We have a TrailBlazer, too, but the non-ext model. We usuallyget around 20-21 MPG on the freeway and somewhat less around town. It's funny, last time we were down visiting we drove our Saturn because it gets almost double the mileage. I was amused to read your experience going to Yellowstone in your Cavalier since we just did almost the same thing the week before.
Sounds like so much fun! We look forward to joining in next year!!!
It sounds like you guys had a great time in Yellowstone, sorry we missed this year has been busier than expected!
I love the tip on gas milage, we are going to lagoon this weekend and we will have to try it out!
That is so neat! It looks like you guys had alot of fun. Can't wait to work with you on Thrusday.
That is neat. Lokks like you guys had a nice time. See you on thrusday at work. ya!!
Post a Comment