Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Who's snoring?

Within the past couple of months, we've noticed that Isaac has been snoring a lot more than before. He's worse than I am which is saying a lot. We had Brooklyn in for a doctor's appt. a few weeks back and had the doctor take a quick look at Isaac's tonsils and the doctor simply stated "Wow! Those are huge tonsils!" So Isaac saw a nose, throat and ear doctor this afternoon and there was no question by the doctor at all. He needs his tonsils and adenoids removed. The doctor said that his tonsils are so big that they are almost fused together. We've noticed lately that Isaac when he speaks sounds much more like he's talking through mucus in his throat. No wonder he's snoring when he sleeps.

Anyway, the surgery is a simple one that only takes about 30 minutes, but it does require that he go completely under and they have to give him a breathing tube. He's scheduled to have it done next Wednesday morning (April 2nd). Recovery is about a week and then the snoring should be gone and he should be able to sleep much better. He's pretty excited for his all liquid diet filled with smoothies, Gatorade and Popsicles. We'll report more after the surgery.

They say that this problem is hereditary. Maybe if I get my tonsils removed, I'll stop snoring too?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I will have to have Derik look into that:)