Saturday, January 12, 2008
One week and counting
Well, I did something today that I can say I have never done before in my life. I ran 10 miles. Sure, I've hiked further than that but never continuously. Tami and registered for the 26th Annual Painter's 1/2 Marathon in St. George next weekend. It's just a small checkpoint race in our training for the Ogden Marathon in May (yes it is 26.2 miles). Tami ran the 10 miles with me this morning as well. It's too cold outside right now, so we headed to the indoor track at BYU for the run. Tami doesn't ever listen to music while running but I have my little iPod Shuffle and which helps me from getting too bored. However, call me crazy, but this morning I actually put the January 2008 Ensign on my iPod and listened to it for the 90 minutes while we ran this morning. Each article is narrated by various people, one of which is a very familiar voice from the temple ceremony and of course Lloyd Newell from Music and the Spoken word usually narrates a few articles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the 10 miles!! That was a big milestone for me too. You guys are going to great at the 1/2 marathon, Good Luck!
Post a Comment